The Endurance march in the Brecon Beacons.
It follows the very same route marched by UKSF selection personnel on their final stage of Test Week, on the aptitude phase of Selection. The Endurance march is by far the toughest challenge faced by UKSF candidates on this phase of the selection course. Soldiers are carrying in excess of 55lb (Not including food, water & rifle) and have to navigate from checkpoint to checkpoint individually.
Similarly to UKSF selection each registrant on this event will have to cover the 64km (40mile) route visiting various checkpoints along the route.
New EVENT FORmat and offering!
Due to the increased demand for this epic and toughest event we are busying reformatting the whole event to make your experience even more memorable.
This will cover but not limited to:
– Pre event content, Including talks from the DS Staff and also a few words from those registrants who have been there and done it.
– Talks and demos on Bergen packing, clothing, nutrition, footcare and medical advice.
– Camping options available from the Friday afternoon to enable you to get some rest before the start and on the Saturday night to ensure no tired driving and enabling us to celebrate all your hard work.
– Hot food prior to the event and on your return and sunday morning breakfast. Even the option for a well deserved beer after the event!
– Sports Massage post event.
– A full Endurance award presentation Saturday evening.
– Toilets and wash facilities.
– Secure on-site parking.
In addition, we are now going to run Endurance twice a year! New ticket options will be released soon so watch this space. Those who have alredy purchased tickets for Autumn 2021 will be able to upgrade to take advantage of the new offerings.
DISTANCE & NAVIGATION OPTIONS
Self-Navigation Full 64km: Standard SAS Route to be navigated by yourself.
Self-Navigation Half 32km: Standard SAS Route to be navigated by yourself.
Those on self-navifation tickets must have sufficient map reading skills that can be proven, or attend our Navigational Instructional weekend. 50% discount is given for those on Endurance. Full details are given within your joining instructions.
Guided Full: As per Standard SAS Route but led by the DS in a group. No Navigation required.
Guided Half: As per Standard Half but led by the DS in a group. No Navigation required.