The Endurance march in the Brecon Beacons.
Otherwise known as ‘LONG DRAG’, Endurance is a 64km UK Special Forces route march across the Brecon Beacons. It follows the very same route marched by all ranks attempting UKSF selection on the final stage of Test Week, the culminating phase of Aptitude. The Endurance march is by far the toughest challenge faced by UKSF candidates on this phase of selection and each soldier carries in excess of 55lb (Not including food, water & rifle) and have to navigate from checkpoint to checkpoint individually and against the clock.
We bring this arduous SAS Route March to the general public making it accessible for those wishing to take their events to the next level and go beyond their preconceived limitations. As well as the full SF 55lb and mock weapon category we also have a 35lb and a Masters 25lb category to choose from together with the option to take on the half of the distance coupled with an option of a DS led guided group.
New EVENT format and offering!
Since hosting our last Endurance event there has been a huge demand for more. We’ve listened and expanded the experience to a full weekend with all the trimmings to make your experience even more memorable.
This will cover but not limited to:
- New pre-event village to allow you to prepare have a brew and a bite to eat whilst discussing with other participants ahead of the event or maybe to get some shut before your big event.
- Secure on-site parking and space for you to pitch your tent
- Hot drinks, snacks and a pre-challenge evening carb loading meal.
- Pre-event Talks covering:
- Talks from former Endurance participants.
- Motivation talks from the DS, they will tell you of their “Long-Drag” selection experience giving you useful tips and advice.
- Bergen Packing Lessons
- Foot Care Lessons
- Nutrition advice when on the course
- Medical briefing
- Group Icebreakers. Familiarising yourself with others taking on the same task is a great way to enhance your experience.
- Saturday night camping*
- Toilet and Wash Facilities
- Post challenge hot meal. Just what is needed to refuel after such a task*
- Sunday morning cooked breakfast* Yes please sir.
- A full Endurance award presentation with awards and prize draws.
- Individual participant tracking throughout the course.
- Free shuttle bus service from half-way point for those on the Half or those on the Full should you wish to Endex at any point.
*Saturday night camping and dinner/breakfast is available to purchase for those on the Half Endurance ticket.
Full details are given within your joining instructions accessible within your confirmation email.
Those who have already purchased tickets for Autumn 2021 will be able to upgrade to take advantage of the new offerings.
TRACKING & REAL TIME MONITORING
All candidates will be issued a tracking device enabling our very own SERE team to track and monitor their every move keeping us informed and keeping you all safe and on track
DISTANCE & NAVIGATION OPTIONS
- Self-Navigation Full 64k: £245. Standard SAS Route to be navigated by yourself. You must attend a navigation course or prove your ability.
- Self-Navigation Half 32km: £135. Half Standard SAS Route to be navigated by yourself. You must attend a navigation course or prove your ability.
- Guided Full: £275. As per Standard SAS Route but led by the DS in a group. No Navigation required.
- Guided Half: £165. As per Standard Half but led by the DS in a group. No Navigation required.
PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE
Secure your place with a 25% deposit then play the remaining balance in up to 3 installements prior to the event.
Simply choose your ticket type and fill out your details on the ACTIVE platform then at checkout choose to pay in full or take advantage of our payment plan option.
Those on self-navigation tickets must have sufficient map reading skills that can be proven or attend a Navigational Instructional weekend.
SPRING DATES FOR 2022 COMING SOON. AUTUMN DATES BELOW